Welcome to the Lee Public School District web site. The Lee Public Schools are located in the Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts just minutes from the Massachusetts Turnpike and numerous world class tourist and cultural destinations. We educate students from the towns of Lee and Tyringham, and other neighboring communities through school choice and tuition agreements.
The mission of the Lee Public Schools is to ensure students have the opportunities to develop the social, civil, and critical thinking skills to thrive in an ever-changing world.
We are united in the belief that our ethical, societal, and fiscal responsibilities are to provide outstanding educational opportunities and facilities. In an atmosphere of respect, compassion, and support, students will reach deeply within themselves to engage in and be responsible for their learning.
We are committed to effective and innovative teaching that promotes critical and creative thinking.
We will foster collaborative partnerships and maximize community resources to expand options for all students.
Ultimately, our graduates will set and meet goals, make healthy and responsible choices, and embrace diversity in order to live with a sense of purpose and readily face the challenges of the future.
● Passion and Perseverance. We are committed to setting and working towards achievable long-term goals. We will demonstrate resilience, ambition, and self-control in pursuit of achieving our goals, and recognize self-reflection as an important part of the process.
● Collaboration and Communication. We will accept shared responsibility and accountability for the learning of all students. We seek out partnerships with parents, local businesses, community members and organizations. We urge and support collaboration within our school community which will allow our students to become successful learners, citizens, and teammates in a global society.
● Creative and Critical Thinking. We will work to engage students in being active learners who think critically and creatively. We prepare students for future success by supporting their ability to think independently, solve problems, and become life-long learners.
● Wellness. We support and reinforce the health and well-being of each student and staff member. We work to ensure that every student is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged. Our curricular and instructional supports reinforce the health and well-being of each student by addressing the physical, mental, emotional, and social dimensions of health.
● Respect and Responsibility. We recognize the value and strengths each person brings to our school community. We honor individuality, celebrate diversity, and support a culture of mutual acceptance and respect. We accept the responsibility to work hard and take responsibility for our actions.